Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-25-2023, 12:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think people are disillusioned with the government and thus elect people who are either hostile to it or atypical for the office.  I also can't say I blame them.  This is more recent, but how many struggling families could have their mortgages paid off with the money sent to Ukraine?  How many people who can afford a monthly mortgage payment but can't buy a house for lack of a down payment could have been assisted in purchasing their first home?  How many people with crippling credit card debt could have received significant relief?  How about the victims of the Maui fire?

I'm not saying aiding Ukraine isn't important, but it's not hard to see how a struggling citizenry can look at that kind of cash being shipped overseas and be bitter as hell about it.

I hear ya.  I have to laugh a bit at people who declare the government worthless and crooked and then expect if we weren't sending a gazillion bucks to Ukraine that it would somehow end up in their pockets, though.  We're still waiting for all those corporate profits to trickle down, after all.  All those things people struggle with financially can be met with a good ol' "sell your iphone and stop going to starbucks" checkmate statement, though.  As much as WE want money, we also hate the idea of someone else getting money.  Let's face it, if I get Ukraine money that means all of my ***** ex girlfriends get it too, and screw that.

But yea, I agree we are an angry, bitter, and jealous populace and we make decisions based upon that.  Those emotions rarely are credited for the good decisions we make in life, but people gonna people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-25-2023, 12:32 PM