Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please !
(10-25-2023, 12:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember being so excited when Gresham was added to the Bengals.
Finally, the Bengals were going to have a legit pass catching TE.
And he put up pretty good production every year he was a Bengal.
But for whatever reason, Marvin/Gruden didn't think Gresham was quite good enough in that department and jumped at the chance when Eifert fell to them. Or maybe Gresham had already indicated at that point that he wasn't going to re-sign so they prepared two years prior to Gresham hitting FA (doubtful).

I'd love a TE like Gresham/Eifert again who can be the 3rd option in an offense or step up to 2nd if an injury occurs.

Bengals were a big 2 TE team. Heck, they still have shown signs of wanting to be a 2 TE team as both Hurst and Sample started the first 2 games of 2022 before Sample got hurt.

I don't think the Bengals relationship with Gresham turned sour because of Eifert. I think that happened until 2014 because of Dave Lapham publicly targeting him and calling him a quitter while he was hurt and playing with a herniated disc. It was the second time he needed hernia surgery in a year and why his yards per catch were so low that year.

Feeling like the medical staff let you down, and the voice of the team unfairly and personally putting you on blast and trying to turn the entire fanbase against you is pretty much a bridge burner.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please ! - TheLeonardLeap - 10-25-2023, 10:10 PM