Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-25-2023, 12:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Here is 2021
https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-leaders-condemn-tlaibs-antisemitic-dog-whistle-in-recent-comments/

Here is result of recent Talaib comments and her false narrative Israel bombed a hospital in Gaza. BTW..she has tripled down and after Biden admin. found proof no missiles were fired from Israel near the hospital, but in fact were fired inside Gaza close to a hospital, she continued to blame Israel.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jews-respond-new-york-times-initial-report-gaza-hospital-explosion-harassed-abused
Jews respond to New York Times initial report on Gaza hospital explosion: ‘Harassed and abused because of it’
Jews say they feel unsafe following initial bias coverage of Gaza hospital blast
Kassy Dillon By Kassy Dillon Fox News
Published October 24, 2023 5:00pm EDT

Talaib used initial story that generated from AP, CNN, NYT and others that said Israel bombed a hospital in Gaza that killed over 500 people. It was a story that source was Hamas and was never vetted by any of the news organizations for accuracy prior to reporting on it.

Everyone is aware of what Tlaib said after the hospital was bombed. No need to keep repeating that "news." 

"Jews say they feel unsafe now." Remember your original claim was that Tlaib's comments were causing damage and riots around the world.  It's the "around the world" claim that I have been disputing. Nothing you say here supports Tlaib's comments had the widespread effect you attribute to them. 

Also, Israel is bombing a civilian population; that will continue to be reported. It's not like most of the world feels that part is ok, just the hospital bombing is bad. Both Jews and Palestinians in the US are going to feel fear because of this war. As I mentioned above, one Palestinian child has been stabbed to death in Chicago.

So my problem from the get go has been you demanding that the Times and other news sources hold to a standard that you are not holding yourself to. That includes attributing Tlaib's statements to the entire "Squad," and failing to mention that she has condemned Hamas war crimes, and is calling for a full investigation of the hospital bombing, as are many reputable organizations around the world. 

(10-25-2023, 12:14 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: "Shame on anyone who glorifies as 'resistance' the largest single-day mass murder of Jews since the Holocaust," Torres added. "It is reprehensible and repulsive."
Talaib also lied and incited a riot that resulted in 300 arrests in the Capital building. She said Israel was responsible for the rocket/missle that hit a Gaza hospital killing innocent children, crying and making a huge scene.
But hey, keep supporting her and the squad's position. Keep not looking for anything she has done or said.

I am aware of the accusations you've posted above. Seems to me she is just called "anti-semitic" because she critizes Israel, not because she is
actually anti-semitic.

So far as I can tell, what you call a "riot" was a sit down by 300 members of Jewish Voice for Peace, who are also anti-semitic by the standards you are applying here. Second time in one post you've reported that Tlaib said Israel bombed the hospital. She was crying because she has family under the occupation. You seem to forget about the 5 million Palestinians denied basic human rights while focusing on the hospital incident.

Your last comment implies that people should research topics they are discussing. I needed to know what specific incidents you were referring to, since your definition of "anti-semitism" is not the same as mine.  Looks like my other claim is still valid--the dust up over Tlaib is more about people in the US using it to leverage political damage on each other. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Dill - 10-26-2023, 11:07 AM