Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-26-2023, 01:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is a false dichotomy. As with just about everything in this world there is far more nuance than just two sides to it.

Also, I would argue that the thin veneer is the religious component. Religion is often used as an excuse for things that really just boil down to people being pieces of shit.

I honestly don't think you could be more wrong about this.  There are certainly people involved using religion as a fulcrum to get people to do what they want.  But at the end of the day, if Israel was a Sunni nation then we're not hearing anything about this conflict, if one even existed.  Iran sure as shit wouldn't be interested or involved and the US likely wouldn't be either.

I would note that religion is the crux of the issue on both sides, there are hard core Zionists who view the territory as theirs by divine, unshakeable right, just the same as a hard core Muslim. But I have a hard time understanding how anyone, much less an educated and well informed person like yourself, could doubt that this entire conflict boils down to religion.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-26-2023, 07:09 PM