Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-26-2023, 07:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I honestly don't think you could be more wrong about this.  There are certainly people involved using religion as a fulcrum to get people to do what they want.  But at the end of the day, if Israel was a Sunni nation then we're not hearing anything about this conflict, if one even existed.  Iran sure as shit wouldn't be interested or involved and the US likely wouldn't be either.

I would note that religion is the crux of the issue on both sides, there are hard core Zionists who view the territory as theirs by divine, unshakeable right, just the same as a hard core Muslim. But I have a hard time understanding how anyone, much less an educated and well informed person like yourself, could doubt that this entire conflict boils down to religion.

I don't tend to blame anything on religion. Religion is a construct that people use to justify their shitty behavior and make themselves feel warm and fuzzy. Without religion there would be some other tribalist bullshit they would use.

Please note, in case anyone wants to try to jump in here and bash me, religion has an important role in society and is also a separate thing than faith or belief. Religion itself is a separate, important thing but it is manipulated by terrible people to justify their behavior.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Belsnickel - 10-26-2023, 07:40 PM