Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-26-2023, 12:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How does Hamas protect the Palestinians they represent? Israel has shot down thousands of rockets from Gaza, but some got through and killed Israeli children, yet I don't see any concern for the Israeli people. I don't see any concern about the killing and taking hostage women, children and babies on October 7th.
I hold Hamas accountable for every Palestinian death, they started it and then they use their own people as human shields. That is pure evil.
Who is your source for the killing of thousands of Children? Is it the UN or is it Hamas? Neither is a trustworthy source. Or did you pull out thousand of children from year rear end?

Palestinian health officials put the number of children killed so far at 2,704. I doubt even the Israelis see much reason to dispute this.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/palestinian-children-death-trauma-israel-bombing-hamas-rcna122113

Also, Tlaib has condemned the Hamas killing of children as a war crime. Why do you say you don't see any concern for that? That is why so many nations are calling for a cease fire. 

Regarding the vetting of information and sources in this conflict--it is always best to compare sources, and wait, rather than "trusting" one and jumping to conclusions.

A warning about info from the IDF in this regard. For decades they claimed that Palestinians used civilians as human shields, but as of 2021, the last time I checked, no independent news or human right organization could independently verify any of that. They could verify that IDF soldiers used civilians as human shields, though, as Israeli courts tried and punished their own soldiers for doing that.  Every incident an claim on their part--anyone's part--has to be investigated by impartial investigators before we have a trustworthy account.

PS. Under contemporary International Humanitarian Law, you cannot hold Hamas responsible for Israeli war crimes. If you are doing so, then you are going outside the premise of universal human rights which underpins that law.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Dill - 10-26-2023, 08:28 PM