Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-26-2023, 07:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't tend to blame anything on religion. Religion is a construct that people use to justify their shitty behavior and make themselves feel warm and fuzzy. Without religion there would be some other tribalist bullshit they would use.

Please note, in case anyone wants to try to jump in here and bash me, religion has an important role in society and is also a separate thing than faith or belief. Religion itself is a separate, important thing but it is manipulated by terrible people to justify their behavior.

I don't think your qualifier is needed, although you may be correct that someone would use this to attack you.  But I must again disagree with your premise.  Religion is the absolute trump card of justification/provocation.  It is near impossible to convince a religious person their religious views are wrong.  Why, because faith in god does not require logic or proof, it requires faith.  A religious justification for any action cannot be countered with secular reasoning or a rational argument.  You're wrong because God/Allah/Yaweh said you are and you'll never be able to counter their judgment.  One need only look at Twitter to see it playing out in real time.  I've lost track of the number of tweets from people that have some variation on "Israel has the US and the weapons on their side, we have Allah".

This is a religious conflict at its base, and that's why it will never be solved by a two state solution.  Neither parties hard core religious adherents would accept it.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-26-2023, 07:47 PM