Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Texas in process of fixing Biden immigration fiasco
(10-26-2023, 11:20 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As much as I decry the refusal to actually enforce the law, as Stewy points out here, going outside the law to supposedly do so is a horrible work around.  Circumventing the law to enforce the law does not make you a law and order administration.  Sue the shit out of those who aren't enforcing the law, use the system.  But going outside it to score cheap political points is garbage, regardless of who's doing it or why.

Agreed. But I do want to say that one of the big issues we see here is the underfunding of border protection efforts. We need resources to hire more people, including those that process the claims of those requesting asylum. Those shortages are the biggest hurdle we face when it comes to the direct border issues. Indirectly, well, that has a lot to do with the issues in the countries from where these immigrants come.

Personally, I am a firm believer that people need to look to the House of Representatives for this. They don't want to fix the problem because much like many of the hot topics that have come before it is more useful as a political talking point than it is to actual resolve the issue.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas in process of fixing Biden immigration fiasco - Belsnickel - 10-27-2023, 07:57 AM