Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star
(12-29-2015, 04:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes.....I give the defense credit for such games.....as I said....these are conversations that go back to the old board.....just a little friendly ribbing that you joined in on....nothing more.

Of course he isn't Matt Schaub....and I've given him due credit for doing exactly as he should....given the circumstances he is in.  He may become more than a good backup....but right now that's what he is.  Time will tell if he'll be more.  

The point is....guys like AJMC and AD need time to develop.  It seems some want to afford AJ that luxury....while they crucified Dalton during his growing pains.  Not that you have said such....it just goes back a few years.

Actually.....Dalton took over a 4-12 team with no OTAs that was predicted to go 0-16 and went 9-7 and made the playoffs.  I think it's safe to say he made an immediate impact here.  People just don't want to give him any credit for any of that...and I enjoy calling that out.

I think in an ideal world, McCarron would have had last year to get the shoulder right, this year to learn behind Andy, and next year's OTAs/minis to get a better grasp of the offense.

An Aaron Rodgers-type scenario where he spends his first 3 years learning a system under a stable coaching staff would have been even better.

But that's not the situation we find ourselves in.  

We'll see what McCarron is made of (if his wrist isn't really messed up) - it's usually the 4th game where a QB flies or fails.  Just so happens it will be against the Ravens or the 1st round of the playoffs.

But for purposes of this thread, no, tonight was not McCarron's moment.  He was solid, but he still needs more training.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star - BigSeph - 12-29-2015, 04:44 AM