Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF overall scores through 6 games
(10-30-2023, 03:32 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If the Bengals dont sign Jonah for 13+ million some other team will.  Im guessing Jonah still wants to play LT so he may go to a team that will play him at LT.  Even if he stays at RT, he will get that 13+ million from someone.   Looking at overthecap.com, there are 10 Right Tackles right now being paid 15 million+.  That number will only go up with the increase in NFL salary cap.  Jonah will be 26 next year when he signs his new contract.  He is in the prime of his career.  He will get paid.

Yep I know, but just because so many are getting paid doesn't mean the Bengals will value the RT position that much.
Why pay Jonah $13+ mill if you could get a potentially comparable (or better) talent for around $5-8 mill?
I'm meaning someone like Morgan Moses, who signed a 3 year, $15 mill contract last year.

As I said though, I think someone will pay $12-15 mill APY for Jonah, but I don't think it will be the Bengals.
They've proven me wrong on some signings in recent years though, so it could happen.
I think we'll see similar to what we saw with Uzomah/Hurst, who signed deals for $7-8 mill APY with their new teams, and then Bengals will go cheap at the position for someone they think is a value player (or draft pick).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF overall scores through 6 games - ochocincos - 10-30-2023, 04:57 PM