Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line?
(10-30-2023, 03:45 PM)Destro Wrote: It's Madden on Rookie Mode.

( Does that still exist? I'm Old. )
I guess I'm old to then but that's a great analysis and pretty much illustrates my thought process in all this.
(10-30-2023, 03:50 PM)Housh Wrote: Line has been ok all year

Do ppl expect zero sacks and pressures?

Also we’ve played some pretty great d lines too
They've been ok but Burrow being mobile for once also helps. He also has to release the ball the second-fastest in the league, and it seems like he's always still getting hit or handing a hand in his face.
(10-30-2023, 03:55 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: At what cost?  Burrow's huge contract limits what we can do.  He has to be able to get it done with what he has and less.  We already have one of the highest paid O-lines in the NFL.  I think it has been said on this forum we have the 6th highest paid O-line.

As far as what Burrow has in front of him right now, we went out and took Mahomes Pro Bowl LT.  We paid Jonah 12.6 million and then moved him to RT where he is playing good.  We went out and got Cappa and Karras who blocked for Brady.  Would most of us like to see an even better line in front of Burrow?  Of course but how do you make that happen?  We have already allowed a few big contributors on defense to leave the last couple of years in order to save money.  You dont want to weaken the defense too much.
Need a GM who knows how to work the salary cap and manipulate the numbers.
(10-30-2023, 04:15 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 12th in the league is not great when you have a QB that up until the last couple of games has done almost nothing other than short dump off throws.  You should not get a lot of pressure or sacks when your QB is leading the NFL in release time throwing the ball 5 yards.  This line is not bad but they are not a top tier line at this point.  They looked pretty good yesterday against a top tier defense so hopefully they continue to play at that level.
Exactly. Like I say above, it's the release time.
(10-30-2023, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what I was thinking when seeing this thread from Brad. Bad timing, harp on the OL when they are sucking it up, not after they
just played decent against one of the best Defensive fronts in the NFL.

Game's over. Gotta move on and look to improve.

They played decent against a good defensive front, but let's not pretend like they're not a problem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line? - BFritz21 - 10-30-2023, 03:39 PM
RE: IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line? - IcoHolic - 10-30-2023, 06:04 PM
RE: IF We Get Burrow A Decent Line? - BFritz21 - 10-30-2023, 05:17 PM