Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wecome to the 53 Tanner Hudson
(11-02-2023, 06:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So disappointed we didn’t try to extend Hurst before free agency. Who knows maybe we made a reasonable offer, I’m sure someone on here knows if we tried or not. Smith Jr. is a non factor so far this season. It’s frustrating cause he has the talent, speed, smarts etc. to be successful but it’s just not happening for whatever reason. I tried to get pumped about picking him up convincing myself he was at least as good as Hurst.

I was pimpin Kincaid or LaPorta hard this pre draft. Still kinda salty we passed on a TE. Didn’t think LaPorta would go before Mayer, but Kincaid being off the board was no surprise. The first two draft picks I wanted was Gibbs/Kincaid whichever was still on the board and LaPorta in the second. Wouldn’t mind us bringing in the TE Zach Kuntz. Dude is a freak, similar to the TE Pitt drafted. He was cut by the Jets but I believe they signed him to the practice squad. Not sure what the process is to pluck someone off a practice squad. Sure would like the move. Or find a way to get Hurts back somehow.

The Bengals probably had an offer to Hurst, but this was Hurst's only chance to get a big deal in free agency. I figured he was going to go to whoever gave him the biggest deal.

As for the draft, the Bengals seemed to determined to bring in a TE, but they want their own guy. They were in on TE last year. The rumor going around was Trey McBride was the target in the 2nd round. Rapien has said that in this past draft, the Bengals were planning on going with Kincaid in the first. The team was also looking at LaPorta in the 2nd round.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Wecome to the 53 Tanner Hudson - pally - 11-01-2023, 01:24 PM
RE: Wecome to the 53 Tanner Hudson - TKUHL - 11-02-2023, 06:28 PM
RE: Wecome to the 53 Tanner Hudson - Bengal Dude - 11-03-2023, 12:56 AM
RE: Wecome to the 53 Tanner Hudson - wanga - 11-03-2023, 03:18 AM