Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Votto back, do it on The Cheap
I have no problem with letting Joey go. I like him as a clubhouse presence for the young players, but a full time role is a tough thing to guarantee him. The kids need playing time to develop, and accommodating Joey at that price is questionable at best.

My only question is whether or not they actually use the money they save by letting him go.

Until further evidence materializes, this ownership group makes Uncle Scrooge look like a drunken sailor. The Castellini's are demonstrable cheap shitheads who say dumb shit at inopportune times.

If the payroll fails to exceed 75 mil this year, then screw these clown owners. Supplementing with serious veteran pitching would do a lot for this group. We've seen that teams can catch lightning in a bottle under the new gameplay rules. Small market teams have a chance to catch the big dogs unawares for a few seasons as they adjust to the new reality.

The iron is hot. Strike now and get the team the pieces needed to make them a power in the division. They may never have another opportunity like this. They have a mountain of young talent and a metric shit ton of payroll space. Be smart and build a serious team.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
If Votto back, do it on The Cheap - kevin - 10-26-2023, 12:25 PM
RE: If Votto back, do it on The Cheap - samhain - 11-05-2023, 12:58 AM