Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NYC Mayor Eric Adams under corruption investigation, again
(11-03-2023, 06:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm fine with recreational drugs being legalized and taxed, I just also feel like if we choose that route we should stop resuscitating overdose victims at taxpayer's expense.  The freedom to enjoy should also come with the freedom to experience the consequences of abuse.

I think you need to draw a line somewhere on that, though. 

Fentanyl, Heroin, Meth, and things of that caliber probably shouldn't ever become legalized (for selling, I am not adverse to decriminalizing having it in a personal use level) as they seem like they're largely only there to addict and destroy and/or kill you. They also seem to pretty much exclude you from the capability of being a productive member of society. That doesn't feel like it's the same with Weed, Mushrooms, Cocaine, LSD, etc, which I would be fine with legalizing as it would also allow some regulations to be put in place to make sure the product isn't tainted with other things unknown to the user.

Of course with the taxing you're likely then risking falling right into the problem going on with weed right now as some states are seeing it as something they can tax the shit out of in order to get more money for their budget for other things. No interest in making it actually affordable because they can milk them to pay for some special interest pork projects. It's then made it so expensive that now there's an even stronger black market.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NYC Mayor Eric Adams under corruption investigation, again - TheLeonardLeap - 11-05-2023, 05:24 AM