Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon was great in pass protection yesterday
(11-06-2023, 04:28 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm very hard on Mixon. I think he is a replacement level player. However, there are a couple of things that he does very well which I find valuable and you mentioned one of them in this post.

1. Ball security
  2. Receiving
Mixon is about as sure handed of a running back as there is in the NFL. He has six fumbles on 1695 touches. That is honestly ABSURD and is certainly overlooked. He is also a talented receiver. It was a simple play, but I liked the first pass to Mixon last night where he split out wide and then flared into the flat into a screen looking set up. It ate up about eight yards and gave an easy second down. 

Zac mentioned in his podcast with Solomon Wilcots that Joe also wears down the secondary because he punishes them in their tackles. He said you can see late in the game them shying away. He says it helps the WR in that they get beat up.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon was great in pass protection yesterday - Soonerpeace - 11-06-2023, 04:36 PM