Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump and the GOP will lose in 2024 unless..
(11-08-2023, 02:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: P0135809 won't commit to anything or any limit.

He once said women getting abortions should be punished.  And he'll change that position again when someone tried to get him have an actual position on something.

Some states want to ban women from going to other states to get an abortion.  

Regardless of what Trump thinks, he will say and continue to say stuff that pleases the crowd in front of him.  He said something pro vaccine and as soon as the boos came in he did an about face, so there will be plenty of video of Trump saying anti-choice stuff that will be used against him...if it matters in the end is the question.

That's what is wacky about Trump as a politician, because he's really a performer performing in an area where people are usually held accountable for what they say.  Trump bragging up overturning Roe v Wade in front of an ultra conservative crowd that paid to see him is like Billy Joel performing Piano Man at MSG...it's just a given.

Trump himself has admitted that he's said stuff at rallies and in campaigns that he doesn't believe or won't do because it plays well and gets a response.  I feel like admitting that would really doom a politician, but not him.  So he can keep saying whatever he wants and if he runs on reasonable restrictions and then wins and says "That played better during the campaign" and doesn't do it, or if he does the exact opposite, you can't be shocked.

My main takeaway is that Trump says other people in the GOP need to soften on abortion, but I don't think he sees himself as one who needs to be held to that standard...go figure, right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump and the GOP will lose in 2024 unless.. - Nately120 - 11-08-2023, 02:42 PM