Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trump and the GOP will lose in 2024 unless..
(11-08-2023, 04:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm speaking more about perception of the GOP's actions rather than the intention of their actions. Everyone with a brain knows that the Republican Party is insincere in regards to Abortion. When Roe v Wade was established, they claimed the classic "states rights" argument. Now, we are seeing the states exercising their rights and now they're shifting to "well, viability is just too extreme!" and calling on governing officials to ignore the mandate of the people.

More recently, like in Virginia, the GOP governor is feeling the sands shifting below his feet and offered up this 15 week compromise. But it just doesn't make sense. It is based on nothing other than hoping to bring back voters who they alienated with their stances previously.

If you think all abortion is murder, then stand on your morals and say it's murder. No abortion. No matter what. Forever.

If you think it's murder after a certain point, then define that point. But this is a shitty position to be in because it's all subjective. When is a fetus considered a full person? At conception? When it has a heart beat? When it can feel pain? When it could survive outside the womb (viability)? Or at first breath?

It's more of a philosophical question than a legal or even medical question and it makes anyone standing on a certain week date controversial, especially if they choose the earliest one (6 weeks), since a lot of women literally don't even know that they're pregnant until right around that time. And, given timing to make a decision and schedule an appointment, you could very easily go past that 6 week mark before you even get a chance to do it.

If you're willing to compromise, then you are showing that you don't actually believe abortion is murder. Because no one would compromise on murder.

You know what I think the dirty little secret behind 15 weeks is? I think Republicans realize that those early week counts are scary to voters because the last thing a voter wants to do is ban abortion after 6 weeks and then their daughter or girlfriend or friend gets unintentionally pregnant and can't terminate it because they found out at 5 weeks (when they missed their period) and couldn't schedule their abortion in time.

I think they chose 15 weeks because they believe that a "responsible adult" will have enough time to schedule their abortion in that time frame so that only the "careless" and "stupid" people will struggle with the 15 week mark. 

It seems to me to be intentionally arbitrary to ease concerns about their true beliefs. And, if given the power to enact their principles, I question if they'd actually stick to 15 weeks or if they'd go right back to their extremist viewpoint.

I think you are afraid people revolve. Yet, you voted for Biden who like Clinton voted for laws to put black men behind bars. Biden said he evolved and you believed him. Hell black men believed him. I am not so sure black men still trust Joe Biden changed. He has dragged them down in the mud again financially.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump and the GOP will lose in 2024 unless.. - Luvnit2 - 11-08-2023, 05:04 PM