Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon was great in pass protection yesterday
(11-08-2023, 09:50 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Funny how that works. Mixon’s success is so closely aligned with the OL performance. Whether it be PFF,PFN, or 33rd team they’ve all discussed the improvement. Mixon is playing to keep his roster spot for next year. He didn’t just wake up after a few games and say I’d better get it in gear. Too funny. If you can’t see the better blocking especially his TD on Third Down where they double teamed the tackle and Orlando wrapped his guy up I can’t help some.

Should have been clearer that I was speaking of his blocking. I've seen him have good running games before, albeit the average ones do outweigh the good, but still it's no big surprise especially since like you said the O-line blocked so well . 
Yet him blocking well lately is something I had never really seen before, kudos to him. Hope he continues to do so, but odd he waited so long to block for Burrow when he obviously was perfectly capable of doing so all along. Oh well, as long as he continues to block then that is a huge step forward and that's a good thing for the Bengals. 
Actually that is what it boils down to really, the Bengals are all I care about per being a fan for over 50 years and not just jumping on this train. Not downing anybody for jumping on the bandwagon either though per I do the same with Louisville players around the league. No matter, the Bengals are always my primary focus. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon was great in pass protection yesterday - Go Cards - 11-08-2023, 11:19 PM