Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Threads From The Enemy: Texans Edition
(11-08-2023, 09:35 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Agreed. He’s very good with his legs and has a very string arm, but there is way more to being a QB. He wasn’t all that his first couple years in the league, certainly nowhere near Joe’s Super Bowl appearance followed by AFC Championship game.

Among active QBs, Joe Burrow is tied for the 2nd highest win percentage in the playoffs, at 5-2. He is only behind Patrick Mahomes, who is 11-3 and he's tied with Jimmy Garoppolo, who is also 5-2. Big difference is Burrow's playoff QB rating is 93.8, whereas Garoppolo's is 74.1. 

Josh Allen is 4-4, but he also has the 3rd highest QB rating in the playoffs, 99.6, behind only Brock Purdy and Patrick Mahomes. And Purdy is a super small sample size, essentially 2 games.

So it's hard to say he hasn't performed well enough to be considered elite. The Chiefs Bills Divisional playoff game is a legend all in itself. I think Allen's team and coaching has mostly let him down.

For me, when the Bengals play the Bills, I LOVE it when they hand the ball off. It's usually a free down gone and they usually only gain 2 or 3 yards. I'll take that over an Allen pass or run any day of the week, as a fan of the team they're playing.

His team needs to step up around him and stop relying on him to be Superman every single play just to stay competitive.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Threads From The Enemy: Texans Edition - CJD - 11-09-2023, 11:56 AM