Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Biden now calling for Israel to pause???
(11-09-2023, 09:21 PM)Dill Wrote: Israel denied hundreds of thousands their civil rights, beginning in December of 1947, when the Haganah/IDF drove 700,000 Palestinians off their ancestral land with a terror campaign to make room for the state of Israel. That's how a portion of those refugees, and their descendants, came to be imprisoned in the strip. In East Jerusalem and the West Bank, where another remainder live, the dispossession of homes and land continues to this day. 

Imagine if my family drove yours out of your house and penned you up in your garage surrounded by a concrete wall and barbed wire. Wasn't easy. I had to fight off some of your neighbors who tried to come to your aid. Still, I let you do what ever you want in the garage--to a point. If I think you are plotting to break out I can cut your electricity and water, regulate how much food and medicine come in. Would you think I was denying your civil rights?  After all, I don't run the garage--you do. Possibly you would try to break out, or try and get your house back by violence. Just remember that I have a right to defend myself. People in the far away town I originally came from agree. If you were reasonable, though, we might come to a "two-lot solution"--I grant the garage is yours and you can even use the drive way to open a business there. But you do strike me as a trouble maker, so I'll still retain final say on what comes in and out of your lot. You also strike me as the religious type who thinks he has a god-given right to take back what was formerly his home, so probably there is no resolution here. Religious conflicts are just like that. I stretch out my hand with a peace offering and you reject my compromise, so this is how we continue into the future, with no resolution.  But that's your choice. 

To the second bolded--Here is how Human Rights Watch described the strip last year:   https://www.hrw.org/news/2022/06/14/gaza-israels-open-air-prison-15
(Gaza) – Israel’s sweeping restrictions on leaving Gaza deprive its more than two million residents of opportunities to better their lives, Human Rights Watch said today on the fifteenth anniversary of the 2007 closure. The closure has devastated the economy in Gaza, contributed to fragmentation of the Palestinian people, and forms part of Israeli authorities’ crimes against humanity of apartheid and persecution against millions of Palestinians.

Israel’s closure policy blocks most Gaza residents from going to the West Bank, preventing professionals, artists, athletes, students, and others from pursuing opportunities within Palestine and from traveling abroad via Israel, restricting their rights to work and an education. Restrictive Egyptian policies at its Rafah crossing with Gaza, including unnecessary delays and mistreatment of travelers, have exacerbated the closure’s harm to human rights.

To the first bolded--I showed you a picture of the wall before, on another thread. Here is another. There are remote-controlled machine gun turrets every two kilometers. In many places there is a double wall. It was not built by Hamas, and the machine guns are operated by Israelis, so I would say it was the Israelis keeping Gazans in there.
[Image: 112106848-concrete-wall-of-the-israel-ga...shalom.jpg]

I will ask you one more time, what has Hamas done and doing now to protect Palestinians?

Israel is giving them ways to get away from Hamas and head south 4 hours a day (short pause daily). It appears Hamas has fired almost 10,000 rockets into Israel with many others misfiring and killing Palestinians. So, today we still have Hamas trying to kill innocent civilians in both Israel and Gaza (human shields)
while Israel is doing all in their power during a declared war to not harm innocent civilians.

It amazes me many like you in the world are blind to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden now calling for Israel to pause??? - Luvnit2 - 11-10-2023, 01:33 PM