Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Drew Sample is PFF’s #1 graded pass blocking TE
(11-10-2023, 12:14 PM)Housh Wrote: Through 9 weeks he’s still number 1

Has only allowed 1 pressure in 9 games

Sample size doubters have been proven wrong

Nice. I was a doubter, at least in the passing game and he DOES still need to get better with his routes and hands specifically, 
but to be the #1 blocking TE in the NFL is impressive to say the least.

(11-10-2023, 12:15 PM)Housh Wrote: He’s single handedly helping me get over not getting Darnell Washington

The knee injury helped me get over not drafting DW, plus I really like DJ Turner and Jordan Battle.

We can draft a stud TE next Draft.

(11-10-2023, 12:48 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: T. Williams has been pretty good in pass pro. Mixon is improved. And Sample got that TD out of the backfield. I don't get why people are bith hing about using him back there, especially after that.

But he is a TE3/TE4, blocking/special teams type. TE2 is his ceiling. Which is fine. Bringing him back on a cheap contract would be fine with me.

I am not bitching anymore about Drew Sample. I liked that TD he had against the Bills and he is the best blocking TE.

Would also be fine bringing Drew back now.

(11-10-2023, 01:45 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: He's not longer a 2nd round pick his rookie deal is up and for 1.2 million a year I wish we had 4 of him on the roster.  Great blocking TEs are huge especially when you play TJ Watt, Myles Garrett and the Ravens D 2 times a year.

Yep, need to forget about where he was drafted. That was a long time ago.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drew Sample is PFF’s #1 graded pass blocking TE - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-10-2023, 03:10 PM