Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star
(12-29-2015, 07:48 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You guys bashing AJ McCarron for his play are just out of control. Go take 2 mins to read the play by play for the 2nd half of the game. You will be disgusted. The Bengals went short or run with OVER 90% of their plays. Even on the fumble at the end it was 2nd and 10 and there were 2 guys running 3 yard routes, which was on par for the whole 2nd half. http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400791578

AJ McCarron went on the road on Monday Night against one of the best teams in football with one of the best defenses in football and didn't wilt. He stepped up and had the Bengals in position to win all night. It was his teammates who missed their opportunities and his coaches who shrunk away from putting the game out of reach by going safe. AJ didn't cause the Bengals to fall behind. Didn't cough up stupid INTs. Didn't throw almost intercepted passes. AJ McCarron didn't kill drives out of ineptness. He didn't get confused or look lost. He didn't force anything. He made some amazing throws, great plays with his legs, and some great decisions (throwing it away when the play was dead) on as bright a stage and with as much on the line as there has been in the NFL ALL YEAR.

He had some spectacular throws and scrambles. Absolutely spectacular! He played much better than AD did against a lesser opponent, the Texans, earlier this season on Monday night. Might I add that that game was at home.

Before people get all worked up over his fumbled snap....

- Classic Marvin Lewis conservative turtle mode in the 2nd half neutered the offense. Don't believe me... Then why were the Bengals moving the ball and able to score when behind? Because they were throwing down field. Why weren't they moving the ball when they were ahead? Because they were calling mostly short plays. PERIOD. It wasn't AJ being confused by the zone or anything BS like that. The coaches turtled. 
- Missed FG ended up being huge.
- Poor 2nd half D.
- Running game got nothing in the 2nd half which killed play action, which was working.
- AJ Green admittedly quit on a route that he shouldn't have. AJ McCarron put that up after seeing him beat his man and put it in a spot that, had he kept running, only AJ would have caught it... in stride. It was the right pass, accurately thrown. By his own admission after the game, the WR quit and said it was 100% on him. And he is 100% right.
- Another deep ball well thrown down the middle in stride and dropped right into AJs hands. CB made a good play, but should/could... wasn't caught.

McCarron had ONE bad play all night. It happened to be at a time when it mattered most. I guess I just look at all of the BS that went down to even bring it into that moment. I am not discouraged at all by McCarron's play. Not at all. And neither should anyone else. The 2015 Bengals are going to be better in the playoffs for what happened in Denver. All of them (with the exception of the turtle minded coach).

It was an impressive game from a guy in his 2nd NFL start. I am NOT saying he is better than AD or should start over him or anything like that. But, from watching the game, he actually wasn't worse than what AD can be in those moments so I am not discouraged in the least and came away 100% impressed and encouraged for the playoffs.

This guy watched the game. He played pretty good.  The coaching hindered the whole offense in the 2nd half.  Coaching has been pretty stellar this year but they need to own up and say we babied the QB and the lead.  

Why can't people be honest about McCarron or Andy.  

Andy is a very good QB

McCarron is a good QB with added experience he will be a very good QB.  

You can like both guys everyone, we're lucky to have both 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star - bonesaw - 12-29-2015, 08:19 PM