Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texans game was a trap game - change my mind
(11-13-2023, 04:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think it depends on a person's definition of a trap game. I tend to think of a trap game as as a strong team losing to a perceived weak team. The Texans were 4-4 and had the #11 ranked offense in the league. Like you said, they are certainly not a bad team. Like, the Cardinals was a potential trap game. Bad record, easy game on the surface but they had a little life and it was in Arizona. If you overlook them, they could definitely beat you.

Houston is just a solid team. If you overlook Houston, you're just a moron.

Agree with Philo that this fits what I would call a trap game as well, per the following game was huge for the Bengals. That is what I call a trap game, per it being sprung by looking past an opponent to an upcoming big game unknowingly. Subconsciously realizing its next but feel as if they're actually ready for today. Throw in the Texans did not even have a winning record, sporting a lengthy injury report, with a rookie QB, short week before said big game, and the Bengals were on a roll and that's a good recipe for a trap imho. 

Now I'm with you that its moronic to overlook Houston and I did not predict or even think there was a chance it would be a trap game, Mostly because of how bad the Bengals played early on when Burrow was hurt and thought they were still in "clawing out of the hole" mode.  Stand corrected though and think the Bengals fell into the trap. 

Know all opinions of traps are different though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texans game was a trap game - change my mind - Go Cards - 11-13-2023, 08:21 PM