Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The road to the division/wildcard isn’t even that long
(11-14-2023, 09:57 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: My opinion is that I don't think I would call some of those issues the Bills had bad luck.  For example 12 men on the field is a stupid mistake and bad execution. In the NFL where a lot of games are very close with small margins for error mistakes like that can and do end up costing a team a victory.  

Bad luck to me is more like what happened to Hendrickson Sunday.  Play was over and he was just standing there looking at the sideline when the guy from the Texans fell down and rolled in to him. 

Agreed. Bad luck is the wrong word in many cases. Buffalo injuries have been bad luck, but they also were badly outcoached in this game. Sean Payton was just a genius for the Broncos the whole game. 

Even getting the 12 men on the field by Buffalo was a genius play on his part, since rather than kick after a time out, he has the Broncos run a play and then run the FG unit out on the field, executing flawlessly, while Buffalo was discombobulated. Payton did the same thing at the end of the first half, running a play that ended with only 14 seconds left, no time out left, and got the kicking time in position in plenty of time to make a kick at the end of the first half. 

The end of the first half kick was just well, well coached. I looked at the reply. After the play concluded with 14-seconds left, the Broncos center  moved to a new location, other players shifted, new players came in, all within 14 seconds, and set up with time to spare. Payton didn't have to run that risky last play, where for many teams time would run out before the kicking unit was set, but everyone on the kicking unit and regular offense unit knew exactly what to do.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The road to the division/wildcard isn’t even that long - Nepa - 11-14-2023, 10:11 AM