Poll: Where does the burdon lay?
Marvin Lewis - Coach
Hue - Play calling
Paul Guenther - Defense
AJ Green - Missing Catches 2nd Half
The guy who missed the FG Kicked I am not saying his name cause he is my pick but everybody deserves the blame
Number 55 for kinda hitting someone out of bounds sorta
AJ McCarron or Macaroni whatever that means
Geno Atkins and his sickle cellness
Someone else entirley perhaps Paul Brown for putting the Bengals Together
Carson Palmer Cause he looks so sexy in a skirt - did I just say that
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Player Bad Play Cost us the Most?
(12-30-2015, 12:26 AM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I understand that football is a team game and you win as a team and lose as a team. However, I know Mike Nugent is a favorite on here but how many times will he continue to miss big kicks and be given a free pass because he is from Ohio State. He is not a clutch kicker anymore. He has no leg strength when it comes to kickoffs and he costs us with consistently missing big kicks in games. He cost us last year against Carolina and no matter what anyone says he did it again last night. His missed 45 yard field goal changed the entire momentum of the game because that would have caused the score to be 17-3 at halftime. Then the field goal he made in the fourth quarter would have won the game for the Bengals and they would have the first round bye. Granted he is not responsible for the entire loss but he has to be given a majority of the blame because of his inability to make a consistent field goal. Yes the offense was horrendous in the second half and the defense did not play as effective but there is no way that they should have went to ot in that game and yes that is due to the miss of Nugent. Yes he has been good for this team but hopefully in the offseason we can actually find a more reliable kicker and a younger kicker who has a stronger leg than Nugent because it is time for him to go. However I will say this regarding AJ McCarron. I thought he played a solid game overall and he did seem to respond well to the pressure which most of us were not sure he would. Yes he made a couple of mistakes but he will get better because one thing that he has that has impressed me so far is that he has a confidence about him that not many young qbs have and that is good to see. Another thing that is hard to watch is the fact that Hue seems to get into a back down mode in the second half when he should continue to go full throttle because the halftime adjustments from the coaching staff are just not good. They have got to be better if this team expects to go far in the playoffs. Marvin for some reason can never get this team to play a full game of dominant football. This team has all of the talent in the world and can definitely matchup with any team but unless they play a full four quarters of football then it will not matter. Who Dey

Very insightful but really really long!!!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which Player Bad Play Cost us the Most? - Marlon23 - 12-30-2015, 01:14 AM