Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Biden now calling for Israel to pause???
(11-14-2023, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Man, saying you "don't know" if some is an antisemite "but" might be crossing a line.  Just saying.

I mean probably not as bad as threatening physical violence but this is why threads get shut down.

Sloppy once directly quoted a KKK leader when speaking about black people.  He was rightly called out for this bigotry.  Dill routinely attacks Israel, and only Israel in these discussions.  He consistently excuses and mitigates the conduct of terrorists placing the blame for their behavior not on themselves, but on Israel, the US or western foreign policy.  Since Dill doesn't mind I'll break my rule.  What he does is like excusing the conduct of the Third Reich because the treaty of Versailles and the subsequent behavior of the victors of WW1 was so unfair to Germany.  While it is certainly true that these things contributed to the rise of extremism in Germany using them to ameliorate the subsequent actions of the Nazis would, and should, be rightfully called out as unacceptable.  Dill engages in that exact behavior on a routine basis.  I don't expect you to, ever, disagree with him, but I'd honestly be astonished if you don't see this as well.

(11-14-2023, 12:09 PM)Dill Wrote: I've said Hamas needs to be destroyed. And reminded Luvint that I don't support ANY right wing politics or organizations anywhere.

So I guess the question is -- where is the evidence that I have "excused, mitigated" or otherwise justified Hamas' behavior?
Where have I "argued in their favor"?

Your "examples" thereof, if you think you have any, will just establish what I said above--you offer forum posters two choices:

Validate Israel's dispossession of Palestinians or, be called a maybe-don't-know-for-sure "anti-semite." 

What sort of "fair-minded person" thinks it's ok to drive Palestinians out of their homes, give their household possessions
to new Jewish settlers, and then pen them up in areas under military control for generations? Then demand that the
robbed acknowledge Israel's right to do this?

Only someone who thinks Palestinians don't have equal rights with Israelis--i.e., someone "massively biased" against them. 
Doesn't matter if you say Israel is "far from innocent" or otherwise mitigate their actions 
if you are still demanding the dispossessed validate their own dispossession.

That dispossession--which is still ongoing--isn't just "morally reprehensible," IT'S WHY WE HAVE THE CURRENT WAR. 
Your response to my recognition of what Israel has done has been to say that I'm "blaming the Jews." As if someone besides
the Israeli military and state were doing this (Russians? Greeks? Chinese?), and as if I were blaming all Jews--which is all
a deflective tactic and more ad hominem. Especially since many Israelis and Jews world wide agree with me. 

You "admit" Israel is far from innocent, but still demand the people whose homes they stole acknowledge Israel's 
right to both steal the homes and keep them afterwards. 

That's why many Palestinians don't recognize the right of Israel to exist--BECAUSE RECOGNIZING THAT RIGHT VALIDATES THEIR
DISPOSSESSION. And those that have recognized Israel's right to exist have found the rate of dispossession just continues.

You continue to ignore the most basic, and important, point regarding this conflict.  The Arab world has sought Israel's annihilation form the very beginning.  Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran continue to state there will be no peace until Israel is wiped off the map and, in the process every Jew in the country is dead.  Israel could have done things better, but nothing they could do, would do or will ever do, will satisfy the Islamic extremists who seek their extermination.  You ignore this because to acknowledge it makes your whole house of cards tumble down.  Israel could be at their 1948 borders and the exact same things would be happening because religious extremists demand their extermination.  Hence your continued, and strident efforts to paint Israel as the cause of this conflict, despite this obvious evidence to the contrary, makes you an apologist.  

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden now calling for Israel to pause??? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 11-14-2023, 01:24 PM