Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Does Burrow need to hit another level?
(11-14-2023, 01:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's A part but not THE part. We far too rarely let our line (especially the left side) just fire off and drive. We also need to either stop or really trim back the whole giving ground concept - one it makes Burrow look like he has more pressure than he does and two by making the pocket small it makes movement more difficult. 

Also where are the designed rollouts, moving pockets and the like?
Being in shotgun so much makes them harder but not impossible. If we lack speed aside from Chase then we need redesigned route concepts to help create space. Also with Tee out this is the chance to put Yoshi in and give him enough snaps to get a comfort level. I like Irwin a lot but he is similar to Boyd in terms of receiver type. Yoshi is speedy - his speed was one of the strengths per scouting. Ditto Chuck Sizzle - if speed is the need put our faster players in. 

Umm yes that pretty much all they do. The mainstays of the Bengals rush offense are Duo and Inside zone both which are vertical inside running schemes they also do a solid if unspectacular job of running the inside trap off that. The issue is they cannot attack the edges of defenses with their rush offense being able to pin and pull to take advantage of alignment against the mainstay verticle rush offense. Doesn't matter of the OL "fires off and drives" if they have more than one defender filling their gap. 

The only way the Bengals attack the edges are through wide outside screens from RPOs and swing passes. Right now they are missing chunks of their Power game like pitches tosses and slip screens. 

Also designed roll outs and boots are more of the horizontal blocking schemes you can run roll outs with power but you do that by pulling OL similar to the toss and pitch plays. They ran a naked boot against the Bills it was off the zone stretch play though. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Burrow need to hit another level? - Synric - 11-14-2023, 01:50 PM