Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just some thoughts on defense..
(11-14-2023, 01:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals like to run with Hilton over an extra LB.
In normal running situations, I would say take the slot CB off the field, but Hilton is a good tackler, attacks the LOS well, and also is a good blitzer. So he really may be just as good if not better than ADG being on the field.

It might be better to run with an extra DL over a 3rd LB, at least for this team/scheme.

I think the bigger thing is the two best DL for run defense (Reader and Hubbard) have not been as effective/available compared to the previous couple years.

I also do agree with you that the safety play (at least the Scott/Battle spot) isn't as good as it was last year, which is also affecting things.

Agree with this. Might be a better idea to put in an extra DL over another LB if we want to stop the run better. Hilton is good at what 
he does, I wouldn't take him off the field for ADG and think we would get better. Cam Sample is a good run stopper and a good pass 
rusher from what I have seen of him this year. Also really liked those lineups the last few years with 5 DL, they were pretty effective 
especially against Mahomes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just some thoughts on defense.. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-14-2023, 02:44 PM