Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Biden now calling for Israel to pause???
(11-14-2023, 01:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sloppy once directly quoted a KKK leader when speaking about black people.  He was rightly called out for this bigotry.  Dill routinely attacks Israel, and only Israel in these discussions.  He consistently excuses and mitigates the conduct of terrorists placing the blame for their behavior not on themselves, but on Israel, the US or western foreign policy.  Since Dill doesn't mind I'll break my rule.  What he does is like excusing the conduct of the Third Reich because the treaty of Versailles and the subsequent behavior of the victors of WW1 was so unfair to Germany.  While it is certainly true that these things contributed to the rise of extremism in Germany using them to ameliorate the subsequent actions of the Nazis would, and should, be rightfully called out as unacceptable.  Dill engages in that exact behavior on a routine basis.  I don't expect you to, ever, disagree with him, but I'd honestly be astonished if you don't see this as well.

A quick note on the bolded.  

You don't have a "rule."  This is the second time in a week you've resorted to Nazi analogies. Your "rule" about them, like your strictures against calling people "racist" or comparing Americans to Islamists, was only ever directed at other people. You make up rules for others which you break when you feel like it. So not really "rules."

To this should be added the fact that my validation of social scientific/historical comparisons of authoritarian politics, while it doesn't exclude Nazi comparisons  of policies and politicians where they can actually be established, cannot be responsibly interpreted as "approval" for targeting forum members with Nazi analogies.

As far as your current Sloppy*/Nazi analogy: Nazis had to be destroyed, as I've said Hamas must, but by 1942 the Allies already recognized if they didn't want to create a new generation of them something had to change when the war was over--so came the Marshall Plan, the UN, and the IMF and an actively supported democracy rather than reparations. The people engaged in that process of recognizing what conditions produced Nazis--i.e., historical/economic causes--and trying to insure those conditions were not recreated were not, so far as I know, accused of apologizing for or excusing Nazis for simply recognizing those causes. And how is Sloppy quoting the KKK, which dehumanizes blacks and supports segregating them, remotely analogous to me criticizing Israel for dehumanizing/segregating Palestinians? Would criticizing racial segregation in the south be "mitigating" or "excusing" the actions violent black nationalists?

*Wonder which side of our debate Sloppy would take, or Goldenarm9 or Lucie or Vlad?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden now calling for Israel to pause??? - Dill - 11-16-2023, 05:52 PM