Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Does Burrow need to hit another level?
(11-14-2023, 07:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I never said giving up 30 to the Texans was a good game by the defense.

No, but you still think it was only Burrow's fault we lost.

(11-14-2023, 07:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: But going 2 quarters, 6 drives and 32 yards after the first TD had just as much, if not more to do with the loss than the defense.  

I never said the offense didn't have its share of the blame in this. They didn't have to wait until the end of the 4th to score points. But the fact remains that the Bengals offense still ended up tying the game only for the defense to give up more big plays leading to a walk off FG win for the Texans. And according to you, it's only Burrow's fault for the loss.

(11-14-2023, 07:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You’re the one who said we only lost because the defense sucked. I’m just pointing out how wrong you were. Don’t get defensive because of it.

That's not what I said. What I said was that YOU were wrong in saying that Burrow is to blame for being 3-16 when the opposing team scores more than 24 points. I was providing context that you were ignoring that maybe the defense has some, if not more blame in that 3-16 record.

(11-14-2023, 07:07 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This post is littered with excuses. Many of which I agree with, but let me ask you this- if the supposed top 2 QB has to have excuses for his play pretty much his entire career, is he really top 2?

Except Burrow doesn't need the excuses. People don't consider him a top QB because of the excuses. They do so because of his stats and winning record. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Burrow need to hit another level? - PhilHos - 11-14-2023, 07:19 PM