Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Rick Santorum-Pure Democracies are no way to run a country
(11-14-2023, 07:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Moving past the obvious, criticizing Israel is fine, even warranted.  What is not fine is excusing the behavior of terrorist organizations or repeating genocidal chants like "From the rive to the sea".  Try and reframe it all you want, it's a call for genocide.  Sieg Heil literally translates to Hail Victory.  If someone shouts that out, regardless of context, they are repeating a Nazi slogan.  Whatever the original intent of that now loathsome chant was, it is irrevocably tainted by the meaning given to it by radical Islamists.  And if you use it, regardless of your intent, I will equate you with those terrorists the same way I would someone who shouted Sieg Heil to the Nazis.  And yes, I'm using Nazi comparisons because you specifically say you approve of them.

Got anymore questions about your plan to destroy Israel btw?

Sounds like criticizing Israel isn't fine after all.

"Sieg Heil" was created as a Nazi salute; the "Heil" and arm salute that went with it were cobbed from other right
wing organizations in 1919. It never existed as anything else. 

Millions of people in the ME don't see a chant known for four decades as aspiration to political equality as "irrevocably tainted." 
That's just the judgment of Americans learning about its history for the first time from news articles about Hamas.

Many times I've asked you to cite where I have "approved" of Nazi comparisons. You are still unable to do that.
But you keep repeating the charge--and making Nazi comparisons. The truth doesn't matter? 
Why are you unable to actually argue your case in good faith? 

Best you could do here is reference my view that Americans should acquire generic knowledge of how authoritarian rulers
behave so they can recognize them--a knowledge to be inquired in schools and used in serious political analysis, not to
smear people on message boards. You appear to see that as a threat to be managed indirectly, with ad hominem. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rick Santorum-Pure Democracies are no way to run a country - Dill - 11-14-2023, 07:42 PM