Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor says it's going to be tough for Tee Higgins to play Thursday
(11-13-2023, 10:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Likely means unless a team overpays for him, he will go for a 1-year deal to rebuild value.

It also means it's harder for the Bengals to tag and trade him as there is likely less teams willing to both pay him $23m (the projected WR tag number) and give up a 1st round pick (or a 2nd and 3rd).

Really makes me feel more confident in my belief I held that they should have tried to trade Tee this last offseason before the draft for a 1st and 3rd when his value was at it's peak and the Bengals could use those picks to help the team this year.

The Bengals should have made the trade for a 1 and 3.  They screwed themselves by not trading Tee.  He's had one good game this entire season and I cant see any team at this point in time, giving up a 1 and 3 now.  What's even worse is if the Bengals want to get any value out of Tee they will have to tag him because he is a free agent next year.  Tagging Tee will cost about 23 million next year.    What team wants to pay an injury prone WR 23 million for one season and give up a 1st round pick to do so?  Even if the Bengals do tag Tee, they still cant trade him until he signs the contract.  He could wait like Bates did and sign the contract a week before next season starts so even if the Bengals did get a draft pick for him, it wouldnt be until the 2025 draft.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor says it's going to be tough for Tee Higgins to play Thursday - 007BengalsFan - 11-14-2023, 09:23 PM