Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Does Burrow need to hit another level?
(11-13-2023, 10:02 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Let me start by saying this- I love Burrow and he is a top QB in this league. Probably already the best QB the Bengals have had. That’s being said, he is the highest paid QB in the NFL. I think he needs to take his game to another level. You started to see glimpses of it yesterday with their backs agains the wall, but it needs to happen all game long. As we saw yesterday we struggle to compete in shootouts. I feel like the last shootout we won was against the Chiefs in 2021 where Chase went off for 200 yards.

Now, I’m sure the offensive scheme likely contributes to some of the limitations, but I want to see our 250 mil QB play like a 250 mil QB. Our defense is not good enough consistently to just go long stretches and stall as an offense.

You are spot on and I was saying the exact same thing today. Burrow plays well when our TEAM plays well. The true great quarterbacks have a knack for elevating when their defense is having a bad day. They can win shootouts and they’re great when the game is coming to a close. I’m sorry but Burrow hasn’t really earned the clutch label. I’ve still yet to see him take us down the field in the final 2 min to win us a game. Sunday that SHOULD have happened if Boyd doesn’t choke, but we shouldn’t have been in that situation. If Burrow doesn’t throw those picks we wouldn’t have been. Hes the highest paid player in this league and he has to prove he can will us to victories when the rest of the team has an off day. This is the cold hard truth and I’m sure most of u will glaze over it with excuses. At this point Burrow should never be mentioned in the same breath as Mahomes again, until something changes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Burrow need to hit another level? - ClarkHarris4Prez - 11-14-2023, 10:15 PM