Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals … I’ll be there!
(11-14-2023, 07:18 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Ah Cincinnati. I've been there twice. First time was 2005. A buddy of mine wore his old Kordell Stewart jersey and man did the Bengal fans give it to him. He was verbally harassed and called a f*gg*t A LOT. It was a different time then and that was widely acceptable (oh the good ole days) and honestly the harassment was quite funny and probably deserved for wearing a KS jersey. It was so bad he had to reverse his shirt and put the jersey under the shirt that was under it originally. 

While in line, one drunk chick did ram into him repeatedly to the point where he was like 'okay chill' because she was nearly knocking him over. It wasn't a real bad type thing as we were joking with them, but I think she was probably just drunk and horny and thats the way those Cincitucky chicks show their affection. 

After that game (the Steelers won, of course) we did get a few more angrier yells and F You's on the way out. But overall, they were cool. 

The second time was two years ago for the Raiders playoff game. We really just wanted to get out of town and see a good playoff game in driving distance. We didn't have a rooting interest, so we we're low-key with our clothes. It was their game and I didn't want to parade around their turf like some obnoxious Yinzer with anything Steelers on. Since we were neutrally dressed, we did get a lot of questions and people were quite surprised that we came from Pittsburgh and appreciative that we weren't in Steelers clothes. 

I did wear a Pitt shirt under my jacket as Tyler Boyd is a Pitt grad, and I did roll up a Terrible Towel and stick in my jacket. Once inside and friendly with the locals I did pull out the Towel for some good luck and good fun for them. Most inside were cool with us, but a couple in front had a bit of an attitude. By the end of the game we did win those guys over too and joined in the celebration with them. I did find it funny on the way out there were several people yelling F-the Steelers. I mean, first playoff win in a generation and a half and Pittsburgh in on your mind? Weird. 

Overall though...I think it's a great place for a game day party. The stadium is kinda worn out a bit, but outside it the tits. They do it right. Their Freedom Way between the two stadiums is similar to Pittsburgh's North Shore Drive, but in Cincinnati, they block it off for game day. It's literally a giant street party with bands and concerts and all of the bars setting up serving stations outside. The Yard House is cool, but gets severely packed. Dare I say it, but I think they do tailgating and pregaming better than Pittsburgh. 

As for parking, we stayed at the Embassy Suites across the river and were planning on walking. But it was cold AF that day and it is a bit of a hike. That could be an option...stay at a local hotel and walk. 

We did however, park at the 3rd and Main garage. I cannot remember the price, but it wasn't outrageous. I want to guess $30. That was the perfect spot as it put us right near the beginning of Freedom Way and was an easy entry/exit. We did head over fairly early though and did grab something to eat afterwards. 

In all, I'd say you'll have a good time. I really like how they have everything set up around the stadium. It's similar to Pittsburgh, but by blocking the streets to traffic, it makes it soooo much better. 

Lodging is not part of the equation, as my brother just moved out there and I’ll be staying with him. But thanks for the garage tip! We should be able to get there early, too!  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers @ Bengals … I’ll be there! - JS-Steelerfan - 11-15-2023, 01:51 PM