Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When we win the first playoff game...
(12-30-2015, 03:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We're going into the playoffs with a 4-game losing streak against winning teams, and that has me somewhat concerned seeing as winning teams frequent the playoffs.

I'm not so concerned the losses in the second half so much as why we have lost, which I attribute mostly to some injuries to key guys and some lack of depth at some spots. But injuries are part of the game, so we have to take what we have and try to win with it. And what we really need right now is for one or two of the young guys to take some leaps and step their game up a notch or two. And what that translates to is them playing fundamentally sound ball for the whole game. Protect the ball. Don't make stupid penalties. Know your coverage and responsibility and don't be out of position. Study the films, know what how your guy is gonna try to beat you. Don't drop the pass. Know your routes. Make sure you know what the play is and what the count is. Etc. We have all eleven guys on the field at any time doing that for the full game, we will beat any and every team out there. Being a rookie or having limited playing time is no excuse. This is the standard to meet.

Bill Belichick has a reputation that if you fumble in a game, you are probably not coming back to the team the next season. Imagine if Marvin were like that.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When we win the first playoff game... - Bengalzona - 12-30-2015, 03:58 AM