Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins, down the road in '24?
(11-15-2023, 11:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know that the feeling around the league is that Tee is worth a 1st, especially with the year he's having.  He's not a proven WR1, has had a lot of different injuries, disappears whenever Burrow is out or not his normal self, and is tracking to have a pretty terrible year.  He's currently not even the top WR in FA to me, as I have Evans and Pittman higher.  Plus it's a strong FA WR class, as well.

We know the two sides didn't get close on a deal, so we have to assume that setting a $22-23 million APY floor for another round of negotiations will go nowhere.  That's a ton of cap dollars for a one year rental on a WR2 that could be put towards an elite FA at another position.  If the Giants are giving up their 2nd for a WR, it's to move up and get Harrison.  They already got burned on an injury prone pseudo WR1 in Golladay.  We know Carolina came calling, but we don't know the offer and they've given up so much draft capital for this year and next that I doubt they'll be giving up a 2nd and 4th, especially without seeing who falls.  It's highly likely that you tie up a huge chunk of cap dollars and hamstring yourself in FA just to hope someone panics on draft day.

he was well on his way to over 1100 yards if Burrow stayed healthy in 2020

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins, down the road in '24? - Frank Booth - 11-16-2023, 12:02 AM