Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins, down the road in '24?
(11-16-2023, 11:03 AM)J24 Wrote: We're better prepared for losing Hendrickson than we are for losing Reader. (Granted losing either of the two is like picking what you rather have up your ass, A pineapple or a grapefruit? Either way it's going to be a pain in the ass!)

We just drafted a first RD pick in Murphy and have two talented youmg players behind Trey in Ossai and Sample. 

Also, Reader will probably be way more expensive than people(thinking  in the 18 million to 20 million dollar range per year) think, and we have no one under contract that can replace his snaps on the roster next season. 

Ideally I would like to keep both along with adding a top 3T in FA  but that's just unrealistic. One of the two will  have to go for cap reasons. The question  then becomes. Would we rather have Reader + a 2nd RD pick next season or Trey this upcoming season?

Now if Trey doesn't have that robust of a trade market then  I would keep Trey over Reader!

Out of those 3, the only one that could possibly hold up to extended playing time right now is Sample.  Those others have already shown that they can't cover for Hubbard, let alone Hendrickson.  So I'm not sure that the Bengals are 'prepared' to be losing any starters on the DL, let alone their only elite level sack and pressure producer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins, down the road in '24? - SunsetBengal - 11-16-2023, 11:10 AM