Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins, down the road in '24?
(11-15-2023, 11:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't know that the feeling around the league is that Tee is worth a 1st, especially with the year he's having.  He's not a proven WR1, has had a lot of different injuries, disappears whenever Burrow is out or not his normal self, and is tracking to have a pretty terrible year.  He's currently not even the top WR in FA to me, as I have Evans and Pittman higher.  Plus it's a strong FA WR class, as well.

We know the two sides didn't get close on a deal, so we have to assume that setting a $22-23 million APY floor for another round of negotiations will go nowhere.  That's a ton of cap dollars for a one year rental on a WR2 that could be put towards an elite FA at another position.  If the Giants are giving up their 2nd for a WR, it's to move up and get Harrison.  They already got burned on an injury prone pseudo WR1 in Golladay.  We know Carolina came calling, but we don't know the offer and they've given up so much draft capital for this year and next that I doubt they'll be giving up a 2nd and 4th, especially without seeing who falls.  It's highly likely that you tie up a huge chunk of cap dollars and hamstring yourself in FA just to hope someone panics on draft day.

I wanna unpack some stuff here.

I mentioned the Giants because I expect them to go QB if they end up with one of the top 2 picks. We can argue about the Daniel Jones signing but I mean its Daniel Jones... The Panthers and Giants would be teaming up a young veteran receiver with a young QB.

Ok as for waiting in the draft These are the WR's taken since 2020 draft first 2 rounds (Not including Top 10 Picks or 2023)

1st Round
Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Jalen Reagor, Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk
2nd Round
Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman Jr, Laviska Shenualt, KJ Hamler, Chase Claypool, Van Jefferson, Denzel Mims

1st Round
Kadarius Toney, Rashod Batman
2nd Round 
Elijah Moore, Rondale Moore, Dwayne Eskridege, Tutu Atwell, Terrance Marshall

1st Round
Chris Olave, Jameson Williams, Jahan Dotson, Treylon Burks
2nd Round
Christian Watson, Wan'dale Robinson, John Metchie, Tyquan Thorton, George Pickens, Alec Pierce, Skyy Moore

That list doesn't expire alot of confidence when saying hey we need a high quality WR especially if you are looking specifically late first into the second round. Tee Higgins is a proven NFL WR with 50+ games of NFL tape. He is definitely worth low first round value.   (The whole easy to replace Tee crowd is wrong too lol.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins, down the road in '24? - Synric - 11-16-2023, 11:34 AM