Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.83 Average
If you can't beat them, put them in jail or try and get them removed from Ballot
(11-16-2023, 11:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: My question is that once I entertain the idea that all these charges against Trump are going to backfire and make him more likely to win in 2024, well...what is the alternative?

Who would be the GOP nominee for president in 2024 and who would be most likely to win the 2024 election if the DOJ etc just said that 1/6 was a nothing burger and Trump did nothing wrong, the phone call in Georgia was as perfect and legal as Trump says it is, Trump's business in NYC is totally legit and on the level, and so on.

So if these indictments make him stronger, what happens if the DOJ just agrees that Trump is totally innocent and never did anything wrong?  Does he lose popularity?  Does Ron DeSantis take over the party?  Do people say that if Biden's DOJ isn't going after Trump that Trump clearly isn't a threat to them and they need to move on to a candidate who is strong and does scare them into making baseless accusations?

The view of Trump reminds me of watching a Hulk Hogan main even from the 80s or 90s.  It's like...if the bad guy doesn't hit him he's going to win, but if the bad guy lands his finisher on Hulk Hogan it just makes him stronger, so what do you do?  Admit Trump is innocent and legit?  Trump gets stronger.  Go after Trump for being not innocent and not legit?  Trump gets stronger.  

Trump is Hulk Hogan.  You can't not hit him, you can't hit him, and if he loses it's because of some nefarious screw job from the heels.

I like the Hogan comparison:  No real talent but a character that appeals to the masses because it is for "America".  Doesn't really bother to learn how to do the job but relies on their talking (and they say the same thing over and over because it gets the pops from the crowd) and how they are always being attacked by "them".  Add in the huge ego and you're about dead on.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you can't beat them, put them in jail or try and get them removed from Ballot - GMDino - 11-16-2023, 11:37 AM