Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(11-14-2023, 11:38 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: In no way am I a ZT play calling "defender", but I think it's important to look at the context in which each game is called.

Against the Texans, we were down a TON of offensive personel. Chase was banged up and limited, no Higgins, Chase Brown, Charlie Jones, Yoshi missed 3/4 of the game. Callahan came out and said they didn't move Chase around much because of the lack of prep and practice time throughout the week.

Also, people want to complain about how we don't throw the ball "vertically" down the field. That's more on recievers getting open and Burrow finding them and pulling the trigger than it is on the "play calling".

My ONE criticism of Burrow is that his play style has become a bit conservative over the years. He doesn't push the ball until he needs to. Some of this is the by product of him having a good defense and him trusting it. You saw it against the Titans. After we got the initial lead he was super convservative and actually passed up taking chances on pretty wide open explosive plays to dump it off to the flat. In the second half he started pushing the ball because he needed to.

Again, people complain about "play calling" but you really do need to watch the film and understand the context of each game and play to understand just what is exactly going on.

(11-14-2023, 06:50 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So are you saying that Burrow was... coached out of being as aggressive as he used to be?

The onset of predominantly deep cover 2 has played an integral role in Joe’s diminished aggressiveness. Also he came from LSU where it was aggressive as hell as they could be. The script so far is simple. Joe’s calf injury got them off to a slow start, our rush defense yards per attempt was #5 last year and is #31 this year, our scoring offense 7th last year 20th this year, scoring defense 5th last year and 16th last year. The whole lot of them aren’t playing well.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Soonerpeace - 11-16-2023, 12:10 PM