Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(11-16-2023, 12:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You can perhaps see Burrow's lack of aggression in the below GIF. This is from the first drive, so this ended up not mattering but Joe misses a wide open Yoshi running down the field. The defense shows a two high look and I think Burrow moves of Yoshi too early. Andrei is at the very bottom of the screen. This is a well drawn up play, and a good call. Burrow just misses.

via GIPHY

I don't know if Yoshi is actually part of the progression on that play. Because of the formation and never trying to work back toward the sideline it kinda looks like he's running a clear out route trying to get the safety to turn his hips and open up Boyd for the corner route. Burrow is reading the safety when he comes down Joe goes to the underneath. 

Don't get me wrong Burrow absolutely could have went outside of structure and hit Yoshi if he had seen how badly the corner played it. He's made that read and  throw before. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor play calling is trash! - Synric - 11-16-2023, 12:45 PM