Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tee Higgins, down the road in '24?
(11-16-2023, 02:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Have to agree to disagree.

Daniel Jones can be traded for a 11mil dead cap after June 1st or they can let the rookie sit behind him a year and cut him as a post June 1st cut in 2025. His trade value mid season in 2024 could be high. This year it would have been. 

As for Carolina I believe getting a young proven NFL vet for the same pick you are going to likely use a pick on a WR even if you are giving up an extra day 3 pick is definitely worth it. I would even go so far as adding a 2025 5th rounder that could be a conditional 3rd if Tee plays 80% of the snaps has 1100 yards and 8 TDs. 

Jones can't be realistically moved until '25.  I'm not sure where you're getting he can be traded after June 1st in 2024 for only $11 mil.  Even if they're set on drafting a QB and having him sit a year behind Jones, they're still probably going to have to use that 2nd to move up and make sure they get their guy, anyways.  If they're sitting a QB behind Jones, they're writing off the season as a rebuild, so there's no reason to trade for a vet WR.  

If Carolina winds up with the 33rd pick, they are 95% trading down unless there is a guy they absolutely love there.  Beyond that, if they keep the pick and spend it on a WR, they are still $20+ mil in cap room ahead of the game and have all their picks.  They don't have a 2nd in 2025 and they're going to trade potentially their 3rd along with# 33 and a 4th for Higgins?  They have a roster with holes all over and aren't even close to contending.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins, down the road in '24? - Whatever - 11-16-2023, 03:43 PM