Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Biden now calling for Israel to pause???
(11-16-2023, 05:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Pretty much as advertised, more repetition of the same points worded slightly differently.  You honestly believe that if Israel ceased to exist as a state that the Jews living there would be treated fairly, which is literally insane.  You ignore that cries for their annihilation are a constant.  You ignore the words of Hamas, directly backed by Iran, that more attacks akin to 10/07 will occur until Israel no longer exists.  Tell yourself whatever you want, mollify your conscience by claiming some academic and intellectual high ground.  But your position on this issue is morally bankrupt and invites comparisons that are less than flattering.

Um humm. I just explained to you where those "cries for annihilation" come from, and what would happen if deprived of their cause. And I explained how you treat those cries as cause rather than effect, as you continue to do here, repeating a claim without addressing its refutation.

And with many Israelis, I do think that a one-state solution is preferable to an ethnic state which can only exist by dominating another ethnic group.
You worry about the dominators being "treated fairly," but not the dominated.

The bolded is a perfect example of your holding an argument at a distance, refusing to engage with the history in this case,
or the ethical basis of the criticism. Since when, and upon what possible ethical principle, can criticizing an ethnic state holding 5 million people of another ethnicity under military occupation be the "morally bankrupt" position?

What "less than flattering comparisons" might be "invited" by defending military control of one group by another, based on the former's ethnicity?

Offering concrete, historical evidence and rational argument for my position is neither "telling myself what I want" nor just "different wording," especially when you apparently cannot refute that argument on the same evidentiary/rational level.   

So you got what you wished for, and your "refutation" amounts to pique and a few adjectives.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden now calling for Israel to pause??? - Dill - 11-16-2023, 06:22 PM