Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choose the next Federal Holiday
(12-30-2015, 11:06 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Get rid of Columbus Day.  We are a more intelligent group of people (I hope) than to be celebrating a mass murderer that didn't actually discover the Americas and didn't actually prove that the Earth was round (this was proven almost 2000 years earlier).  No one even celebrates it.  It serves no purpose.  What is the point?

I agree with those that suggested Election Day.  That's what I'd replace it with.

As for adding one?  How about legitimizing Halloween?  Everyone loves it and 95% of the citizens of the country recognize it.  I know it doesn't have a big meaning behind it like some of the others do (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.), but most have become commercialized with an only-in-it-for-the-celebration attitude anyway.  You're celebrating fall, children having fun, and candy with Halloween.  Those are three pretty awesome things.

I liked the suggestion of changing MLK day to Civil Rights Day as well.

Yes, spawned from a Christian holy day with pagan inflences that the majority of Americans love.

Except for Jews and Arabs, who are forbidden to partake. And you know the mantra coming from the left these days, lets not offend anyone and the minority rules.

God forbid another Christian rooted holiday besides Christmas.
Halloween as a national holiday aint happenin.

Messages In This Thread
Choose the next Federal Holiday - bfine32 - 12-29-2015, 11:43 PM
RE: Choose the next Federal Holiday - Vlad - 12-30-2015, 10:55 AM
RE: Choose the next Federal Holiday - Vlad - 12-30-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Choose the next Federal Holiday - Vlad - 12-30-2015, 10:38 AM
RE: Choose the next Federal Holiday - Vlad - 12-30-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: Choose the next Federal Holiday - Vlad - 12-30-2015, 11:32 AM