Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star
(12-30-2015, 11:16 AM)gobobro Wrote: For what it's worth, I listened to Lap discuss the game (and I put a ton of stock in what he says). He thinks the Bengals would have won the game by a couple of touchdowns with Dalton, and way more than that with Dalton and Eifert.

In essence:

1. Andy's pre-snap reads would have checked them out of many of the drive killers (I saw someone tweet a screen cap in which the Broncos had 9 defenders in the box and AJM still ran the run play to Hill).

2. Andy's post snap quickness would have gotten the ball to open receivers AJM just couldn't see.

3. The move to zone coverage by the Broncos wouldn't have hindered Dalton, and he'd have destroyed that zone with Eifert.

None of that is a knock on AJM, who showed great stuff. It's just the difference between a guy making his second start, and a fifth year QB having a Hell of a season. AJM can't see everything Andy can, can't make the checks Andy can, and the game hasn't slowed down enough for him to react quick enough. It happens. All QBs have this adjustment period. The positive for AJM is that he's trending well for a guy at his experience level.

Which are things I suggested in the GameDay thread.....but I was "just going off of what dumbass Jon Gruden said" when it came to the part about reading zones.... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This is the moment when AJ McCarron becomes a star - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-30-2015, 01:31 PM