Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When we win the first playoff game...
(12-30-2015, 12:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: 21-9-1 overall in the past two seasons is all that matters.  We can put those awards right next to the "we won in night games" awards in the trophy case of your imagination.

Hey now, I'm not one of the people around here who wonders why no one outside of Cincy thinks we are all that impressive.  The only time anyone sees us play there is a very good chance we totally stink up the joint.  The biggest reason I have an issue with the prime-time issues is because they are so consistent, and so divergent from the way we play in day games.  It's downright significant and reliable that we see a seemingly implausible downturn with such regularity.

It's like making fun of Tomlin for having a losing record (er...at least within the past 4 years or so) against sub .500 teams.  A loss is a loss whether you lose to a 1-15 or a 15-1 team BUT when things that are supposed to be unlikely (losing to sub .500 teams when you beat winning teams OR playing significantly worse in prime-time) become more likely than not, it may be time to take note.

It's interesting as hell, if nothing else. And as someone else pointed out, I'd have less of an issue with Marvin's prime-time record had playoff games not looked so similar, and had the last QB who was here and stunk in prime-time not shaken that funk as soon as he left. Also, if the Bengals weren't a very good team when it's not prime-time, I wouldn't have an issue with it either. It's this Jekyll/Hyde stuff that is intriguing. It's like Peyton Manning when the temperature is below 40 and he does a 180 in a not-so-hot QB, and so on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: When we win the first playoff game... - Nately120 - 12-30-2015, 03:27 PM