Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I miss Jesse Bates and Vonn Bell
Battle played 57 snaps to Scott's 11. I think the "battle" is over.

He played well too. I don't know what plans Lou has for him, tho. Seems to be a bit of a hybrid between Bell in the box and Bates in center field. He can play both. The problem is who'll be his battery mate. I don't like what I've seen from Dax lately (or ever, tbh). He's uber-athletic but doesn't have exceptional ball skills. Battle plays on his front foot (as Bates and Bell both did) whereas Hill is still reactionary. I thought that would fade with experience but it could simply be how he is. Which would be a problem.

Bigger problem is the boundary corners imo. CTB is strong but that's where it ends. Turner definitely doesn't have ball skills, Chido's lost a step, and Ivey's a total wild card. The fact that two are rookies and one is a second-year makes it worse since Lou runs his defense from the backfield in (at least he did with B & B) and he doesn't have that luxury with all these kids. I think Scott was meant to be the glue and that backfired.

Anyway, I miss them too. No matter how they played they were a stabilizing force. We're playing whack-a-mole trying to recreate their production now.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I miss Jesse Bates and Vonn Bell - tms - 11-17-2023, 02:57 PM