Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals playcalling exposes Burrow to hits
(11-17-2023, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They were 1-3 in those four games in 2019, with a scoring differential of -55.

Mixon has averaged only 3.9ypc since the start of 2020, the 4 100+ yard games he had since then the Bengals are 4-0 in.

Getting 100+ yard games just for the sake of it while getting your ass beaten isn't productive. If Mixon and the Run Game Coordinator were better, he would have more carries and more 100+ yard games, but at the end of the day you need to do what you need to in order to win.

In 2019, it was Andy Dalton when the wheels were falling off, so there's that.  
As has been said a million times, the run opens up the pass, so if we could just run somewhat better, it's going to make Burrow's life so much easier.

I do think Mixon is a good back but the holes just aren't there.  I don't think Jonathan Taylor would have much more success here TBH.
I'm not blaming Mixon or even the OL really.  It's just seems to be an aspect of the coaching style.  

Mixon ran the the ball pretty damned well last night until they put Browning in.  Ravens were getting gashed.  Once Burrow got hurt and Browning started in with the noodle arm throws, it was easy to key in on Mixon.  I think he was averaging close to 5.5 YPC before JB left.

Save Burrow by balancing the offense please.  I'd like to see him playing for the Bengals until he's 40. 
No way he makes it that long.  I just don't see how.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals playcalling exposes Burrow to hits - 2MinutesHate - 11-17-2023, 05:12 PM