Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
(11-17-2023, 06:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, as much as I think Mixon is inconsistent, when he's having a good night we still don't run him enough. Maybe it's Burrow and Zac wanting to air it out or think it's a higher % to get 3-4 yards, maybe. Then can Burrow handle that for the length of the season with no load management (i.e. run game). Also Mixon is taking 91% of the run calls so he probably feels like he's burdened when he's simultaneously not being asked to run enough lol.

Didn't Burrow throw like 50+ times during one of his calf games? I think we were like wtf after that loss lol. At least they know the experiment of keeping Burrow in the pocket failed, on this team where he doesn't have time, we can't do that again.

Browning looked good enough to win 1 out of 4 games to start the season for our hindsight bias, merely because he can run and isn't afraid to throw the ball deep.

Yeah I want to say he threw it like 45 times against Cleveland week 1. I could be wrong. But we certainly want to stick with the run. I get that Mixon isn't that explosive but I still can't figure out why we absolutely refuse to use anyone else. We didn't even give Williams a run until 3rd and 20 or whatever it was. I just don't get the plan? I mean there couldn't be a plan your limiting the amount you can run if only using Mixon and what happens if he goes down. You completely lean on a guy who was getting no reps. I think we really need fresh eyes on offense but it's just not gonna happen. Don't see anyone getting promoted somewhere and we aren't gonna go outta the way to make a change.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament - NUGDUKWE - 11-17-2023, 07:30 PM
Burrow out rest of the season - Trademark - 11-17-2023, 04:41 PM