Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Relax and enjoy the holidays
(11-17-2023, 07:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Burrow is injured and out - it is what it is. Ranting about coaches or OL or whatever won't fix it immediately. He'll get the surgery, recover and be back. If the team approaches these 7 games the right way they are not wasted and meaningless. To me these games need to be used for:

1) Identifying the need places correctly so that we go into offseason with a logical plan.

2) Get all the youngsters lots of snaps. If a player is not expected to be here next year sit them, our youths need the snaps. The more snaps we get the kids the better they will be next year.

3) (this is real pie in the sky) Start rethinking how the offense should be schemed because this scheme is too much hoping on Burrow to be a superhero and not a sound one with a real identity.

4) Fix the defensive issues, and make sure the culture in the defensive room embraces good tackling and using your brain out there (read and react and lane discipline and backside are all mental things). ALL the defensive issues are mental at this point.

In other words, lay the foundation for 2024 so we come out of the gate storming and don't let up.

You live in la la land. We’ve been starting young and inexperienced players (Dax, Battle, Turner, Murphy). I guess we can start Iosh over Irwin.

Fix the defensive issues? Ahh yes, makes total sense. Why fix the issues when we had Burrow healthy and playing? But now, yes we’re going to fix it now. The players are now going to tackle and stop the run. They didn’t want to before, but now they do and are fully capable.

This team has been bad all year. The D line gets zero pressure besides Hendrickson. He can’t do it alone. They can’t stop the run. They get bet over the top. The offense can’t run, can’t pass protect. We spent money on OBJ, Karras, Cappa, and even Jonah. Cappa and Karras have not been good. no one gets open consistently besides Chase. well maybe if we had Tee out there….get used to it because he’s gone next year. There will be no tag and trade. There may not even be a tag. If we want to fix the D and O lines, we can’t drop 25M for one year of Higgins. But hey, we’ll get a nice comp pick in 2030.

We had a nice lucky run to the SB. That run was skill + luck. Now we don’t have too much skill and almost zero luck. I honestly can’t understand how we have gotten so bad compared to that team and last years team. They’re virtually the same, minus the safeties. Now we get to spend the next 11 months discussing FA moved and the draft. Yay. We should have been discussing playoff seeding match ups, and how to secure the #1 seed. When we lost to Cleveland game 1, bad, I knew the year was done.

Thanks for letting me rant. I needed that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Relax and enjoy the holidays - Joelist - 11-17-2023, 07:40 PM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Sled21 - 11-19-2023, 10:42 AM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Sled21 - 11-18-2023, 08:24 PM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Joelist - 11-17-2023, 11:01 PM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Ell Prez - 11-17-2023, 11:10 PM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Destro - 11-18-2023, 10:31 AM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Destro - 11-18-2023, 02:17 PM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Whacked - 11-19-2023, 12:15 PM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - jason - 11-18-2023, 01:45 PM
RE: Relax and enjoy the holidays - Joelist - 11-19-2023, 03:49 PM